Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The cover for INFINITE SKY...

I'm really happy to show you the cover for Infinite Sky, six months before it arrives in book shops. Release date is 14th February 2013.


Blurb from the Simon and Schuster website:

"A truly beautiful book about the summer that changed one girl's life. As her mum leaves home, Travellers set up camp in the family's field, her older brother goes off the rails and she falls in love for the very first time. Opening with a funeral, Iris is mourning the boy in the casket - but who is it? Sam, her tearaway brother, or Trick, her tentative boyfriend? Over one long hot summer, we find out just how their three lives were turned upside-down."


Thanks to Frances Castle (illustrator) and Nick Stearn (designer) for all their hard work, as well as to everyone at Simon and Schuster who was involved. I think it is beautiful.

What do you think? Would you pick up this book?

39 comments:

  1. I would, definitely! It's a very distinctive & intriguing cover, Chelsey. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I'm really happy with it.

      Delete
  2. It is GORGEOUS, and I cannot wait until it's sitting on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! YOU are gorgeous, I can not wait until you are sitting on my bookshelf. (Maybe next year, if you tour England?)

      Delete
    2. Consider it done! I hope you have a strong bookshelf :)

      Delete
  3. I really like this cover... :-)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover -everyone at Woodlands will be very proud -xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cover! Tweeted about it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an excellent person, Demitria!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful cover, Chelsey! I love that shade of blue. I can't wait to get my hands on this book. Your official blurb is highly intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I agree, my official blurb is intriguing even to me, and I know all the surprises.

      Delete
  7. Chelsey, this looks amazing!!! I love reading your sporadic blog updates and following the life of your book, I can't wait for it to finally come out! When it does, will your tour take you to California? I hope so, and if you need bookstore connections, just let me know!
    xoxo
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Chloe!

      Lovely to hear from you. I am so glad you're following the blog. If the book doesn't bring me to California, I shall bring myself. Would be good to catch up with you. Hope you're well! x

      Delete
  8. that's one of the best covers I've seen recently! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I thought I had already commented here, but since it looks like I did NOT, I will say again how beautiful I think your cover is, Chelsey! It could not be any more perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really stunning, Chelsey. It makes me all the more excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the cover. this book is on my 2013 wishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that. Hope you like it...

      Delete
  12. I really like the cover, and the book sounds great. Ubfortunately, I'm going to have to wait a while for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you like it if you get to reading it.

    ReplyDelete